Platinum Performance Max Plan
With the Platinum Performance Max plan, we examine the existing data sets that your business has so far (at least 4-6 months of data), and we begin to apply the best performing data to a Performance Max campaign.
As mentioned previously, new startups cannot progress into this plan in the beginning as converting data is crucial for a Pmax campaign to learn properly.
The revenue from Digital Advertising
in Canada in 2021 was $12.3 Billion
Features of this plan:
Google Search (semi-focus)
Performance Max (semi-focus)
Setup specific to Performance Max
Ads/ Descriptions (converting content for Performance Max)
Optimization Score (monitor and tweak)
Shopping Ads (up to 20 products)
Video (4 branded videos; production)
Google Tags (conversion tracking; modify if necessary)
Weekly Reports (2-week waiting period; unless prior data exists)
Monthly Reports (campaign progress)
The Focus Platinum Performance Max.
For the Platinum Performance Max plan, we enter a stage where proven data sets can be integrated with smart-bidding. We will use top-performing assets such as images, ads, keywords, videos, and other campaign variables to expand on successful, existing, strategies.
Included in this plan are Shopping Ads. We will include up to 20 products with your Performance Max campaigns, and, these 20 products can be modified/ replaced at no extra charge on a weekly basis.
The 24-Hour Customer JourneyAt Brandom, we would like to think that we were of the first marketing firms to introduce a same-day customer journey cycle. How it works is that, by default, if an account runs both a search campaign and a Pmax campaign at the same time (with similar content), the Pmax campaign will run until its budget is exhausted, then, the Search campaign begins.
Using time filtering, we can offer an account an 'automatic', same-day customer journey. Furthermore, awareness and consideration assets would be placed in your Pmax campaign, while, purchase and loyalty assets would be targeted on your Search campaign.
We, even, have strategies for A/B testing the customer journey! This strategy is optional as it does require, essentially, double the budget for one singular campaign (as Search and Pmax work in tandem).
All of our contracts are month-to-month as, this allows us to earn your trust while giving you the freedom of not being 'locked in'.
How it Works.1. We discuss with you what your business objectives are (specific to new clients). We want to know where your business is now, and, where you would like to be in the near future. What are your strongholds and/ or what areas would you like to focus around.
2. Once we have a strong understanding of these objectives, we will then attribute these with a value as it relates to conversions. For example, for a clothing store, an online purchase would hold a greater value then say a page view. In this sense, the online purchase might get 0.8 points of a conversion while the page view would get 0.2 points of a conversion (this is a basic example). Though, if said page view leads to the purchase of other products as well, the calculation of conversion would recognize that lead contribution.
This setup includes the installation of Google Tags (specific to new clients). These snippets allow google ads to track how users interact with your website or web assets, and is the main engine behind conversion tracking.
3. For new clients, we will set up conversion types. For existing clients, we will begin to track conversion data for video content. For the first month or so, we will let the data build across multiple videos. Concrete decisions on video content can be made in month two.
The content includes a relevant mix of headlines, descriptions, images, URLs, and video (as a recap).
Our goal is always to get the most valuable clicks/ impressions for the lowest CPC possible. Competitive industries may have high CPC thresholds, but there is always a path for getting exposure at a lower cost. We find these angles because we are conservative, and we care.
4. Before beginning video production assets, we analyze data sets that have performed well over a period of time (existing clients; clients with historical data). We then show you this performing data, and, work with you to decide on the direction for that video.
Our aim is to keep video content between 30 to 60 seconds long. This benchmark will keep our VTAs (view-throughs) strong, which will help the videos perform well. This will help increase audience retention as well.
5. As data (clicks, impressions, conversions) begins to populate, we then begin to evaluate results. True evaluation can begin after week 2 (specific to new clients) as a campaign needs to accumulate enough data to determine patterns. Patterns in keywords, ads, and assets.
Through such indicators as A/B testing and conversion rate evaluation (among others), we continually seek angles and opportunities to optimize performance.
6. We prepare weekly and monthly reports so that you can monitor your progress. Additionally, we encourage weekly calls/ online meetings (even an email if that works) so that we can discuss how things are progressing with your business in real-time.